Old 11-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Roy

Default Rotovator/Tiller Recommendation

Well I had a Troybuilt Hosre, Pro model that really did not hold up
long, or as long as it should have for what I paid for it, and was
more a pain to use than was worth, as it was always going out of
adjustment. I then sold it and bought an off brand tiller named ATLAS.
It has been in use now over 6 years and every bit of it trouble free.
It does exactl;y what the Troybuilt did, and in some cases more, such
as tilling depth and forward speeds etc, is just as manuverable as a
Troy is, and it only cost 1/2 as much to buy. It was sold by the local
farmer Co-op. Its 8 hp and tills 26" wide, and utilizes the same type
bolo tines as TB does. Have yet to make any adjustments or repairs on
it. Powered by B & S industrial commercial castiron sleeze ball
bearing engine, and if memory serves me right I gave abaout $800 USD
for it new.

I had looked at BCS and like others support and prices were bad in my
area.

Honda also makes a pretty nice unit and should be available most
everywhere.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:03:25 -0800, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

===On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:29:01 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:
===
===The reason for asking about other usage is that there are several Italian
===machines on the UK market that are multi functional, that is you can change
===the implements on the one power source, I use Renovator, grass cutting bar,
===plough and trailer(Ride on), and you can get rotary mower, snow blower,
===brush and other attachments as well.
===It saves buying several engines etc and I find it good, but for multi user
===probably a fixed machine will be a better buy, still worth looking at some
===of the Italian machines, as well as Honda.
=== I purchased a BCS tiller in the US got absolutely NO SUPPORT!!!
===Their small chipper shredder failed after 4 uses and I took a $500USD
===loss peddling it off to someone willing to **** around with a poorly
===made and unsupported piece of equipment. Perhaps in the UK there is
===better support!

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.