Old 11-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Vox Humana

Default Best grass for central Ohio?

"Allview" wrote in message
The man who does my gutters also aerates lawns. My front yard has been

almost
taken over by creeping charlie (ground ivy). He thinks that if he aerates

and
puts in a lot of grass seed that we can bring back the grass in a couple

years.

What do you think? What kind of grass seed should we use?

The petite fescues seem to work best for me in Cincinnati. They stay green
and require little water in the heat of summer. I didn't water at all this
year. I have also drastically cut back on the application of fertilizer.

I don't know if you can successfully chock-out the creeping Charlie. You
might need to eliminate the lawn and start over next year.