Old 11-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Frank Reichenbacher

Default Latest & Greatest in Place of Cronquist '68

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
Frank Reichenbacher schreef
Is there anything to replace it of equal utility, portability, and
comprehensiveness?

+ + +
This remains as vague as it possibly can be.

If you are looking for a useful, comprehensive and portable work on

current
taxonomy of vascular plants you can do what everybody else does and buy

The
Plant-Book by prof D.J.Mabberley. You might recognize it as the successor

of
what used to be known as Willis.

However since you give no indication on what you need it for, this might

be
entirely unsuited for you.

As to equal, why not aim for something better?

I am looking for a single volume synopsis of plant systematics for the
world. Cronquist '68 was limited to flowering plants, I would like
everything in Plantae. Mabberly, as you are aware, is nothing at all like
the old Cronquist book.

Frank

PvR