Old 11-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default large garden maintenance

"jane" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:07:35 GMT, Janet Baraclough

[snip]

And he is turning into quite a good laundry wallah. Mostly cos I
accidentally dye his knickers pink occasionally... :-)

And just what might be undesirable about that?
If he was anything approaching my shape, you would be the only one to whom
that spectacle might be visible.
(I hope)

Having said this, on the hedgetrimmer point, every time I've tried to
cut the late unlamented lonicera nitida hedge he's come out and done
it, convinced I was going to kill myself balanced on a stepstool on
the raised rockery...

My better half occasionally tries that trick, but so far she has been rather
unlucky.

(In the end the hedge overbalanced in heavy rain a few months ago,
literally ending up horizontal. We got it taken out, cutting it down
to stumps and these are now resprouting and are being trimmed into
football-sized edging. Much prettier. And I don't have to play with
the ancient electric lightsabre any more.)

Franz