Old 11-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Monique Reed

Default Poisonous Houseplants?

Here are some sites that list houseplants dangerous to pets:
http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants.html
http://dogs.about.com/library/poisons/aatoxicplanta.htm

Dracaena and Dieffenbachia are both on the list. That doesn't mean
you need to toss them out, though. You can buy bitter apple or citrus
sprays to put on the plants that will keep tabby far away. (Don't
forget to refresh it now and then. My cat is repelled even by orange
spray cleaner.)

M. Reed

Beth wrote:

Sorry to interefere with such a mundane post, but I recently acquired a kitten
and was wondering if either or both of my houseplants are a danger to her. I
have an Aglaomena modestum and Dracaena marginata. Thank you in advance,

Beth