Old 11-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Zbox

Default Rain Barrel for Irrigation

I'm moving into a house in the rural area and I picked up three 50
gallon plastic (clean) barrels that I would like to use to collect
rain water and then use the water to provide water to flower beds and
brushes around the house. The problem that I'm seeing is that the
barrels are around the back of the house, and the plants to be watered
are around front. Does anyone know of a pump that I can use that can
problem the pressure needed to pull water from the barrels and apply
the neccesary pressure 15 to 20 psi (I think) for a drip irrigation.
Does anyone have a simular set-up? I don't think the height of the
barrels (raise 1.5 feet above the ground) will provide enough
pressure.

I also plan to have the pump placed on a timer so that it only runs
every other day (also, a rain sensor will be added).

Thanks for any comments or ideas.