Old 11-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Surgical RN

Default American Flag Fish was thread algae???

Well... even though it was a late reply it was right on the money! I put in
my American Flag female about 4 hours after I posted and the tank is now
algae free again! I tried to put the male in there but he got nasty and had
to be taken back out again. I think American Flags could very well be the
answer to everyone's algae problems if they would just give them a chance.
The males are really quite beautiful fish and they get no bigger than a
mollie or swordtail. Even the females are cute in their own drab way. I've
never had a bit of algae problem in any tank that I had this pair in. They
keep it absolutely spotless! Well worth the $2.99 (my lfs considers them
pond fish and sells them dirt cheap!) I plan to keep American Flag fish in
all my community tanks from now on!
Surgicalrn