Old 11-11-2003, 08:03 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Latest & Greatest in Place of Cronquist '68

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
Perhaps PvR can comment as to whether Judd et al would be an acceptable
substitute (I haven't seen Cronquist myself), tho' Judd et al tends to
miss out minor families.

+ + +
No, I can't comment really.
The book by Judd &al is a logical choice (which is why I suggested it).
I am not really familiar with the small '68 Cronquist (leafed through it
once) as I look up things in the 'big' '81 Cronquist (when necessary, which
is not often).
There are plenty of books (am not really familiar with all of them) but as
the OP is extremely vague about what he wants (exactly like the '68
Cronquist but not the '68 Cronquist: bigger in content but not bigger in
size, and modern) it is anybody's guess. Maybe a look in a bookstore, or
dare I suggest it ... a library would be a good idea.
PvR