Old 11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Mouse

Default Do you feed fish during Indian Summer?

I would beg to differ from your opinion. Whilst your statement may be true
of the people who keep koi, which are looked on here as exotic fish, many of
us keep other species. My own 1000 gallon pond, has the same species of
fish, plants, other specimens of wildlife, and water conditions as the vast
lake not far from where I live. Here in the UK that is certainly looked on
as "close to nature"
Mouse
UK

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Ingrid,

FWIW, I agree.

We should never look at our ponds as something "close to nature".

Unless we have a pond like Sam has (meaning multiple thousands of gallons
per fish), our ponds are not and will never be a "nature" thing.

We can all avoid desillusion taking that little fact into account :-)

Theo

schreef in bericht
in the "wild" most of our fish would have been predated due to their

stand
out
colors. in the wild they dont get supplemental feeding, in the wild the

vast
majority of GF die. Ingrid

"Mouse" wrote:
Try and match your pond as close as possible to what the fish would

have
in
the wild, and the environment they would live in.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.