Old 11-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Bill Freeman

Default lumps on lawn

Winter freeze, Spring thaw .. . & normal growth. Buy a roller for
your lawn for the Spring, that'll even it out.

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Rene Wong" wrote:
I live in Ottawa, Canada. I moved into my house a year ago. I've

noticed
on my lawn that there are a bunch of little mounds of dirt, around 2-3
inches in diameter, and only about 1-2 inches high, but enough for the
lawn to feel very rough. There are probably one of these mounds every

2-3
feet.

I'm trying to figure out why these are here. I don't see ants coming in
or out of them so I don't think they are anthills.

Any ideas?

Rene

It could be either earthworms or moles.

http://news.newspress.com/homegarden/moles.htm