Old 11-11-2003, 10:13 PM
R E Craddock

Default RHS General Exam

Hazell B wrote:

I'm considering doing the exam in the New Year, but the RHS haven't sent
me any details as yet.

Has anyone done it? Does anyone know of any sample papers that are
available so I can see what sort of standard is expected?
--
Hazell B
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding

Hazell B wrote:

I'm considering doing the exam in the New Year, but the RHS haven't sent
me any details as yet.

Has anyone done it? Does anyone know of any sample papers that are
available so I can see what sort of standard is expected?
--
Hazell B
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding
Perfection

You understand not any Tom, Dick or Harry can start up in the Turf business?
You will have to be licensed and will be regulated by 'Offsod :-

The RHS General seems to be about the level of a good GCSE - but don't let
that fool you. They don't give it away, if you pass the exam the piece of
paper you get is very worthwhile. It is a very wide ranging syllabus so
depending on your background you may have quite a bit of work to do.

Rod