Old 11-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Cat

Default Neighbor clearing trees, affects on property

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:30:50 -0500, "JNJ" wrote:

Hey gang -- a question. I have a neighbor who is clearing out a bunch of
trees. Depending on which trees he decides to pull out, this could have a
substantial affect on my property both in terms of drainage/erosion as well
as wind breaks.

I would be surprised if there exists a law to prevent him from cutting
down a few trees. He should be responsible to control erosion, but
that is easily fixed by growing grass.

That really depends on your area. Several places that I've lived n have
very strict ordinances about not cutting down trees. The original poster
doesn't mention if he's in a rural or urban setting - but it might be
worth contacting the local forestry department, to see if there are any
applicable regulations.

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."