Old 12-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Fran

Default Doin' Some 'Shrooms...

"Down Under On The Bucket Farm" wrote in message

My small outdoor space is already filled with veggies, so I am
looking for indoor arraingements for the mushrooms (don't they
like the dark?)

A Google search comes up with:

(snip)
4. Promotions for commercial "kits" supposedly containing the
necessary ingredients.

(snip)
Suppliers are an issue, since I live in New Zealand, so there
would likely be big shipping charges and restrictions for stuff
from out of the country.

I've used the boxed kits that are available here in Aus and have found them
to be quite good. I grow them in the sauna (unused as who has time to fart
around having saunas). I also did a goggle search and it seems that kits
are also available in NZ:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/listings-fe...on-6650397.htm

I also have mushrooms growing in huge 'fairy ring' shapes in 2 of my lawns
('rough paddock' mutters my sister) and they are reliable producers in any
month with an 'r' in it if I keep up the water.

Dunno about anything else but this site (from NZ) may be of help about the
more esoteric stuff.
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mushspor/