Old 12-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Jane Lumley

Default Fireworks

In article , Kay Easton
writes
We've had fireworks going off at all times of the day and night for the
past 4 weeks, but it doesn't actually bother me, and the cats all take
it in their stride. I accept that other people may be suffering real
problems as a result. If the consensus is that it needs sorting, I'm not
going to fuss, but just hope they find some way that means those of us
who have a single display on bonfire night don't lose out while the
menaces using fireworks as a deliberate nuisance can carry on
regardless. In other wards, any law should be enforceable rather than
the choice of naturally law-abiding.

I think that the noise is annoying, and my cats find it slightly scary,
but it's a minor matter, on a par with workmen with loud radios and the
neighbour's kid and his skateboard - I'd rather be without any of it,
but don't think the law should step in to enforce absolute silence. I
used to love fireworks as a child, and a ban sounds joyless.
--
Jane Lumley