Old 12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Druss

Default Rain water storage

"Nick Wagg" wrote in message
Mark Fawcett wrote:

... The rainbarrels normally sold for such purposes
always overflow when we get too much rain and run out too quickly
when we dont get enough.

A friend of mine has half a dozen or so barrels connected in series
along the side of his garage. As soon as one is full, it overflows
into the next.
--
Nick Wagg

This is basically what I do, with seven water butts in total, free ads are
your friends !!!, they all link together with the thick form of the plastic
irrigation kits, simply drill a hole and put the plug with hole in oneside
and the pipe in the other. Works a treat.

My sister has four waterbutts mounted about 2 foot off the ground, with a
very fancy brass manifold linking all four together, and a hosepipe running
out of the manifold. This way she can just lie the hose pipe on the ground
and it syphons water out, pretty cool when you want to do a lot of watering.

As for the tanks, my father used to have several old water tanks from lofts,
these were all the very large galvanised rectangle kind, about 4x2 foot by 3
foot high, excellent they were, but I've never seen any of those being sold
at a reasonable cost. Though I do keep checking scrapyards and tips etc.

Duncan