Old 12-11-2003, 12:44 PM
shazzbat

Default Rain water storage

"Mike" wrote in message
"Mark Fawcett" wrote in message
om...
Last Sunday I happened to catch a program on C4 called Scrapheap
Challenge in which 2 teams had to construct a fire engine. During this
they 'found' in the scrapyard a number of big (4 or 5 foot cubes?)
plastic tanks which set me thinking, hmmm THEY would be useful for
collecting rainwater. The rainbarrels normally sold for such purposes
always overflow when we get too much rain and run out too quickly when
we dont get enough.
Do any urglers know if such items can be found anywhere? Free would be
best but Id be happy to buy if the price was reasonable and ideally
close enough to NE Wales for me to pick up.

Mark
'You dont ask, you dont get'

Had you thought of a multiple instalation of water butts? We have 5 across
the back of the garage, coupled together as low down as I could reach at

the
time, and draw water off the end one. Backing up to the butts is the

garden
shed which is also fed into the butts. I don't think we have ever run out.
We do have another at the house fed by a down pipe.

I am also involved in designing and resurrecting an old football ground
which will have a building to serve as grandstand, changing rooms,

community
and social rooms. We intend to have a basement which will be tanks for
conserving rain water, to water the football pitch, bowls green and
ornimental flower and shrub beds :-))

As I'm told they do at old trafford. Big big tanks beneath the pitch
apparently, and when it's on TV you can see the curvature at the edges of
the pitch. So apparently not always enough water even in M/cr, contrary to
popular rumour :~))

Steve