Old 04-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Bob Bauer

Default How, when and why to apply dormant spray.

Allegra said:

Different strokes for different folks, but spraying dormant spray to protect
the roses is a good practice whether you are in Alaska or in Florida.

Don't forget that there are many areas of the world that do not have
problems with blackspot, rust and mildew at all.

And therefore it is completely pointless for people in these areas to
spray their roses with lime sulpher oil or any other winter applied
fungicides.

To the best of my knowledge, FEW IF ANY rose growers in my area do it
for example. It just isn't necessary for people in dry air climates.

Your advice is good in areas that have bad fungal infections, but
realize that that is not everywhere.

Bob Bauer
In the Arid Western USA