Old 04-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Shiva

Default More, Better Blooms!

Joe Doe wrote:

You may choose to regard this as nonsense. However as I have pointed out
the opposite opinion to yours is actually held by numerous gardening
authorities (amend soil rather than replace soil).

I write from my own experience. How about you, Roland? Have you seen this
disastrous effect happen? I would be very interested to hear from people
who are speaking of their own experience. People with too much time on
their hands come up with impressive theories all the time, and frequently
publish articles written in quite the authoritative tone.

Clay is good

Roland, love, you may wrestle with your clay all he-man like and love it
all you like. To each his own.

You have made up your mind.

And yours is so open, I stand abashed.

Since you frequently cite this advice of
replacing soil on this newsgroup I am pointing out another widely held
view and people can make up their own mind what to do.

Good for you, duckie. I still think clay sucks. May you save others from
my errant ways--and may you garden in your beloved clay forever.

For my part, should my roses disappear into massive sinkholes, I promise I
will report it here, first, so that others might recognize my folly.