Old 13-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Enuf

Default -cone flowers-

"Micah J. Mabelitini" wrote in message ...
animaux wrote:

The plants themselves will stay whatever color they were. They are perennials.
The only part of the plant which will produce other colors will be the seeds,
but the Echinacea purpurea PLANT will stay the same. I've not heard of red,
where did you get red Echniacea? Oh, unless, of course, common names...and all.

Probably 'Ruby Star' or something.

Micah Mabelitini

That's it - Ruby Star and White Swan. If they tend to cross, I'll keep
them separated. Would about 50 ft. separation work, or will the bees &
butterflies cross pollinate them at any distance?
Right now,I'm thinking a bed of red & white coneflowers along with
blue russian sage. Since my soil tends to be dry, that combination
should work together.

Enuf