Old 13-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Djay

Default American Flag Fish was thread algae???

Where are you from? I'd love to get my hands on an AFF but can't find them
in Central California.

DJay

"Surgical RN" wrote in message
Well... even though it was a late reply it was right on the money! I put

in
my American Flag female about 4 hours after I posted and the tank is now
algae free again! I tried to put the male in there but he got nasty and

had
to be taken back out again. I think American Flags could very well be the
answer to everyone's algae problems if they would just give them a chance.
The males are really quite beautiful fish and they get no bigger than a
mollie or swordtail. Even the females are cute in their own drab way. I've
never had a bit of algae problem in any tank that I had this pair in. They
keep it absolutely spotless! Well worth the $2.99 (my lfs considers them
pond fish and sells them dirt cheap!) I plan to keep American Flag fish in
all my community tanks from now on!
Surgicalrn