Old 13-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Keith

Default Reverse Osmosis System

Dave Millman wrote in message ...
Keith wrote:

All,

I am currently intrested in purchasing a reverse osmosis system so
that I can crate "soft" water for my plants and rainforest fish. I
don't know if this is wise or not as I live in a one bedroom
apartment. Does anyone have any advice about this subject?

I breed sof****er fish in my plant tank, so I use reconstituted RO. But
it's a pain in the rear. If you must use it for your fish, great, that's
why I do it. If it's for your plants, forget it, 99.99999% of plants do
better in hard water.

Actually, I wanted to get one for my fish as well. I prefer to keep
small rainforest fish, characins, cyprinids and lampeyes mostly. I
started to aquire some plants that seem to only do well in soft water.

Keith