Old 13-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Mouse

Default Do you feed fish during Indian Summer?

As I am sure you have noticed many words and phrases have different
meanings.
Here we have back gardens, Americans have yards, American cars have
trunks,ours have boots etc,etc,etc. This often leads to misunderstandings. I
noticed it particularly when visiting relatives in NY. I also discovered
that not all Americans say "have a nice day", a popular misconception in the
UK. :-)
BTW, I live in Driffield, about 20minutes drive from Elvington, hope you
liked it here.
Mouse

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Don't really want to argue about this, been to York last year (Elvington),
and I know that the UK has a great tradition on ponds/gardens ! :-)

Just didn't understand the "US/UK" bit.

Theo

"Mouse" schreef in bericht
. ..
Where I live in Yorkshire, almost all villages have a pond that has been
there for many hundreds of years, some of these are quite small, and

even
dry up in the summer season. Many other small ponds / pools were formed

by
the Romans, and later Monks specifically for keeping fish for food.

These
would all be referred to as natural ponds, because of the habitat and
wildlife that they attract and support. Size and volume of water would

not
enter into the equation
Mouse

---