Old 13-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

Default honey fungus

"PK" wrote in message

[snip]

It's endemic in woodalnd and a natural part of the life/death cycle.

Problem is, by definition, in gardens we are trying to bend nature to our
will and whim not allow it to follow it's natural path. If we want to put in
gardens plants which nature has selected out of regions with endemic honey
fungus or varieties which we hace selected for their pretty form but ignored
other aspects such as HF susecptibility, then we need to take
special/extraordianry measures to stop nature having it all its own way. A
bit like removing suckers from roses, bending nature to our will not letting
the plant revert.

I have to confess that I cannot follow the argument. Perhaps it is because
I am too much of a reductionist.

Franz