Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Joe Doe

Default Exotic Garlic bulb stock

In article ,
wrote:

The Natural Gardener had a few I bought. California Early and Morado Gigante
are two I bought. They are already up and growing. I don't know how exotic
they are. These come from
www.thegarlicstore.com

Thanks, I will try and swing by and see if they still have some.

California early and late are basically grocery store garlic. I plan on
planting some of this because it is very reliable and does well in places
with warm winters.

I do not know much about Morado Gigante.

Some of the best varieties for eating (Rocambole) do not do well in our
area because they need real winters for bulb formation.

I bought the hardneck sampler (Chesnook, Spanish Roja, Siberian, and
Georgian fire) from thegarlicstore.com - unfortunately, they all seem iffy
in our area. I also am expecting a mystery package from Filaree farms
which may or may not contain stuff suitable for our area. So I was hoping
to find reputedly tasty varieties that might do well locally.

Roland