Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

Default Bur Oak acorns....

I thought I remembered something about this, and just checked on a website,
that oak trees can start producing acorns at the age of 20, and some don't
start until they are 50 years old. Unless there is something special about
the Burr Oaks, it may be a very long time before you have acorns.

"L & S" wrote in message
gy.com...
Sorry to change the subject just a tad...

but we have a Burr Oak tree that has been in the ground for almost 5 years
and it has never produced an acorn. Wrong sex tree? Too many squirrels -
who coincidentally ate ALL the pecans off our little tree again this
year.... sigh....? Any advice appreciated. Sarah
"Leslie" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

Our troop will be needing Bur oak acorns for a project. I was
wondering if any of you knew where some of the trees were growing or
if you had some acorns and caps you might be willing to share.Any lead
is appreciated! I will of course travel to pick them up or pay for
postage. I thank you in advance.
Warmly,
Leslie