Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Chris

Default What's digging holes in my yard?

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
Welcome to the wonderful world of armadillos. Pesky little varmits that

are
quite difficult to get rid of once they descend on your yard. They dig

in
search of grub worms so I would suggest checking for and treating for

grubs
in your yard. Other than that you can use a variety of scents (wolf

****,
coyote urine, etc) to scare them off. Mostly blind, they find their way
around by habit and by smell.

You do realize that the wild animal urine and scent business is a
horribly inhumane operation for the animals involved?

Look, I'm not going to get into a ****ing match about being whole for the
world and never hurting anything no matter what you do. I do the best I can
and try to take care of Mother Earth. You tell me another way to ward off
these little hole-digging tanks and I'll be happy to try it. As of right
now the only thing that has worked at all is the coyote urine and me chasing
them with sticks, yelling and throwing rocks at them. I'm sure my neighbors
think I'm crazy but they are just destroying my yard.

As I've offered in another post if you want them or want to take care of
them PLEASE come get them. I will HAPPILY check your live trap each day and
call you when there is a little munchkin in it.
Chris