Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
animaux

Default What's digging holes in my yard?

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:45:20 GMT, "Chris" opined:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message news:X7lqb.4256
Chris wrote:
in your yard. Other than that you can use a variety of scents (wolf

****,
coyote urine, etc) to scare them off. Mostly blind, they find their way

They don't hurt anything, why would you want to get rid of them. They
not only eat harmful grubs, they also help aeriate the soil.

Hey, Victor- I'm a real animal lover - really. But these little *******s
have dug so many holes in my yard sometimes in the morning I come out and it
looks like there was some sort of war. And they frequently will get in my
flowerbeds and go to town! I have one hole that is (and I am not
exagerating) over 3 feet deep and 1 foot wide. They throw all my good,
expensive dirt all over the place (not where it belongs), dig up my
carefully arranged and expensive plants, break the roots of other plants as
they dig and have killed more than one of my favorite plants by repeatedly
digging it up. Frankly, I'm really, really sick of them in my yard. If
anyone wants them PLEASE come get them. I have at least 6 - one set of 4
who were all born about the same time and two older, bigger ones that live
down the street.

If anyone is interested in having these little natural aerators (as has been
implied in some of the other posts) let me know via this group and I will
happily let you come set traps and take them all away.

Chris

Chris, are you sure it's armadillo's? This sounds more like skunks or raccoons
to me. Instead of urine, you may want to try a thing they sell which shoots
out a jet of water when movement is nearby. I can see why you are frustrated.
My garden is not neat, it's there for wildlife. My style of gardening can
tolerate some damage. I suppose we have much different circumstances, which is
fine. See if you can actually identify the animal. Go out late at night with a
flashlight and see from afar. You definitely do not want to be sprayed by a
skunk!

Victoria