Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
animaux

Default Native plant companions for roses

Since roses in and of themselves are not native plants, I wouldn't think you'd
find a good list, but garlic is an excellent companion to roses. Roses have
poor root systems and benefit by having mycorrhizae on their roots. If you
plant legumes under roses they benefit from the nitrogen.

Other than that, I only have one rose, two actually. An antique 'Sombruiel'
and a Rosa rugosa. Both have iris planted under them, which are good companions
to roses.

BTW, I wrote your address down, but my husband cleaned up and accidentally threw
it out. Sent it to

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:54:36 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Aside fron google and yahoo searches (which I did for several hours),
does anyone have any links to this topic?

Thanks, if you do and provide.