Old 13-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default URGENT!!! - need advice re. greenhouse 6mil poly

The Q wrote:

You should be able to get what we call in the UK "hot spot tape", it's
specifically designed for use on the hoops of what we call polytunnels. a
polytunnel supplier in the states should be able to supply...

I use duct tape because it's generally what I have on hand at the
moment. The tape will dry out eventually, but it doesn't seem to be a
problem because by that time the plastic is fairly static, i.e. not
moving across the frame (except slight motions caused by wind).

The plastic film repair tape is another option, but it's more expensive.

Go with what you have.