Old 13-11-2003, 01:14 PM
Doc Muhlbaier

Default Recommendation for irrigation system installation and second water meter

The only real reason for getting a second water meter is cost. If you use a
second meter, then you won't be charged the sewer charge. However, be
aware, Durham doubled the water price on sprinkler water this summer and
thus made it much less attractive to have a meter installed (still a
savings, but not nearly as much).

Doc Muhlbaier

"John F" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know of a reputable and dependable company/person to
install a residential irrigation system. I live in the Wake Forest
area. Do you have any tips/suggestions about what to ask and look for
when talking to the potential contractors?

I have also heard about having a second water meter for the sprinkler
system. What are the benefits of having one? Is it worth having one
installed?

Thanks for your help.

John F