Old 13-11-2003, 01:14 PM
Gena

Default Recommendation for irrigation system installation and second water meter

we don't water lawn areas ever. we aerated and then seeded one of the
hybrid bermudas and it's taken over almost everything in it's path in about
2 years, only being fertilized where the chickens and tukeys 'go'

it seems to do just fine, doesn't look like a golf course, but that's ok,
it's just our yard, and we use it for croquet

gena

"Baine Carruthers" wrote
Tall fescue is pretty drought tolerant, warm season turfgrass water use,
compared to tall fescue, will only save about 20% water. If one wants to
conserve water, they should forget about the turf!

--
Baine

"Gena" wrote

:-O

forget the second meter, completely renovate the lawn and plant a warm
season grass!!

gena

27,154 * 20" = 543,080
543,080 * .75 (3/4 of acre being watered) = 407,310 gallons