Old 13-11-2003, 01:15 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default More berries

mel turner schreef
Still, it's a pretty impressive, ambitious review of the diversity

of fruit types, from someone who seems to be largely a lichenologist.

I note that its definitions of both "berry" and "drupe" are

essentially what we've been saying all along [that's no surprise,
of course]:

+ + +
Thank you. With the book out of reach at the moment (library is closed for a
few weeks) I did not have opportunity to recheck this. The book is
interesting and at least thought-provoking, which was why I referred to it
in the first place.

I should not be surprised to find Cereoid taking a position at variance with
the book he himself cites to support it, but apparently I am an incurable
optimist who always thinks better of people than they deserve ;-)
PvR