Old 13-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Martin Brown

Default Cyclamen

In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article ,
GoldDustRhiannon writes
I bought a lovely deep pink indoor cyclamen but its gone all pale. What kind
of conditions should I try and provide for it?

More light? Pink flowering currant comes out white if you bring it
indoors in bud.

Cyclamen like it on the cool side, but I don't think this affects flower
colour.

It might. If the plant is too warm some will switch off colour genes. I
have never seen it with cyclamen but my house isn't all that warm.

The opposite is true with Christmas cacti. Cultivars grown specially to
be snow white or yellow express the gene for being magenta if they get
too cold whilst in bud. Tricky since they are winter flowering. Mine
usually have a pinky part on their petals.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown