Old 04-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default How, when and why to apply dormant spray.

Allegra wrote:
Hello everyone,

Different strokes for different folks, but spraying dormant spray to protect
the roses is a good practice whether you are in Alaska or in Florida.

Allegra, I am confused, so please help. I see three postings with this
heading from you - all dated 3rd Feb, the first one posted at 11:52
a.m., the second at 11:57 a.m. and the third posted at 12:19 p.m. Which
of these three, if there is only one, that contains all that you wanted
to say on this subject? If you would please tell me, I will read that.

I see Bob responding to one of these, and our own climate is between
yours and his; we seldom see blackspot (and even if we do, that is not
so bad as to kill any rose here), and rust comes at the end of the year
- but it is mildew heaven if we are unwise about selection or cultural
practices. I have dormant sprayed with sulphur before I realized I get a
rash from being exposed to it, and these days, I do jojoba oil or neem
oil dormant spray. But I spray only the most troublesome of roses, and
these are only one or two. Compared to where you grow roses, this place
makes it all easy enough for us mostly all on tis own.

--
Radika
California