Old 13-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Gene

Default URGENT!!! - need advice re. greenhouse 6mil poly

THANKS!! for the help.

I ordered 12 rolls of 2" 6mil Poly-Patch tape
for $5.40 a 48' roll. I think that the poly tape
will stay in place & be chemically compatible
with the film, in that they are the same stuff:-)

Gene

"Gene" wrote in message
Problem: We are about to stretch 6mil poly film
over a new 24'x72' greenhouse. I am afraid that I will "tear"
the 6mil poly film on a burr that may be on the 2" galvanized
steel hoops.

My thoughts are to "cover" the edge of the 2" hoops
that touch the 6mil poly with something like a run of
Duct-Tape.

Question: That type of tape (or other) would be best to use?
I am afraid that the Duct-Tape will dry out & become useless in
a short time. I am concerned that other tapes may have a chemical
reaction to the poly. 3M tech-support did not have a clue as to
what to use.

Please email me if you have an answer:-)

THANKS a million in advance!!!!

Gene
Briggs, TX
--