Old 13-11-2003, 08:02 PM
hermine stover

Default Magic Tree Stump Dust

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:26:48 GMT, "Bill Stock" wrote:

I recently removed a maple tree that had grown up between the neighbour's
lot and mine. Problem is that the tree has actually grown around the chain
link fence. I don't mean that the tree surrounds the fence, I mean that the
fence is in the tree. I removed as much as I can of the tree without
damaging the fence. But how do I get the rest of the stump out of the fence?

I can't burn it off, as the fence is vinyl coated. The only thing I can
think of is to drill as many holes as possible and let nature take it's
course.

Any suggestions?

Drill the holes and then get that stuff which causes stumps to rot and
stick it in the holes and keep at it, eventually you will prevail! it
is a boring job, hard to do in one sitting, and BORING. there is
always the last piece which is hung up in the fencing and seems to
persist forever! i hate that, i have had to remove long woody ivy from
chain link. SOME is still there!

hermine