Old 14-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Wild Strawberry

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:11:03 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Laura Gilbert" wrote in message
Hi all,

I hope someone can help with this, I have been yanking wild strawberry
plants out of my yard until I am blue in the face. Does anyone have any
advice on how to get rid of this annoying weed?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem. I think the only solution is to move!

Me too. You pull and the runner simply breaks. I keep pulling every
green leaf, then 3-4 weeks later they come back, then the pulling
starts again. Then I find I missed some that already bearing red
fruit. I leave the wild strawberry growing on the bank of the stream
as it helps the bank from eroding. The berries are small and very
tart--maybe they would make a good jelly. At least it's not poison
ivy!