Old 14-11-2003, 11:12 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Do you feed fish during Indian Summer?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:06:14 -0000, "Mouse"
wrote:

I also discovered that not all Americans say "have a nice day",
a popular misconception in the UK. :-)

) That depends on when you visited. This is a very old phase from the
80's when the masses did use this term and it peaked.

In the US our clickie phases are always changing. One of the latest is
*My bad* (My mistake) *Bring it* rather than Bring it On is another. I'm
sure there are others, but my brain is on lukewarm today. Maybe other USers
can think of them, or perhaps there is a website. ;o)

The biggest misconception foreigns have regarding the US, imo. Is having
any conception about us at all. We're just as likely to stand behind you in
some line, overhearding you talk to family members and than go home and use
your same language w/accent to talk to our family members. Why we're called
the melting pot, we claim traditions, but never let them claim us.... at
least not for long. ;o) ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a