Old 15-11-2003, 04:32 AM
wsallen

Default [IBC] Pomagranate seeds

Jim Lewis wrote in message 00b501c3aa4c$66ef48a0$18112cc7@pavilion...
snip
To which _I_ add that ALL pomegranate cuttings have rooted for
me. 100% of LOTS. (All pencil size or smaller).

I have successfully rooted 2 "nana" pomegranate cuttings/air layers of
around 1.5-2 cm diameter. Pencil size cutting just stuck in a pot will
nearly always root, the only exceptions have been when I've been a bit slack
about the watering .

Next spring, I am planning to layer a large (and ugly) pome I
have in a 5-gallon pot. I expect to have a plethora of roots in
a month or two.

My 'parent' mini pomegranate is one of the most unfortuanate candidates for
bonsai-dom ever. Bought on my first ever visit to the local bonsai nursery
(well I had to buy _something_ lol). OTOH I have had lots of cuttings off it
that are turning into nice shohin and mame. Now I just need some nice small
pots.

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie