Old 15-11-2003, 06:12 AM
THE Old Man

Default Do you feed fish during Indian Summer?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Theo van Daele"
wrote:

the melting pot

Very very true Jan. You are only say 250 to 300 million, give or take,
from only say 5 continents ;-) so you must all be rather the same :-p

My post about the language bit was tongue in cheek, just because of this.
Even in the UK, there are so many different ways of saying things, depending
on where one lives, the younger generations even using txtsp3ak. Gobsmacking
as it were...

Oh and yes Mouse, York was beautiful when I was there. I was a bit miffed
(is that UK or US ? ) about why I was thrown out of the bar at 10 PM
though, but to each their own, and when in Rome... ;-)

Elvington was great, we were at the (ex?) airfield for looning around in our
cars. Small world or what ! :-) For me the UK is petrol head heaven...

Bugger (is that US or UK ? ;-) ) I'm off topic again.

Blimey then ?

I'll shut up now :-)

Theo

I live in Mississippi and have been here since about 1958, with a few
short excursions outside the state. Most of my life has been in
Louisiana, Texas, Alabama and Mississippi but I lived in Springfield,
Illinois for about 2 years. We were invited to homes often because of
our accent. The locals loved to hear us talk about sirens and police
.... sireeens and po-lease. And, of course, we did a lot of ma'ams and
y'alls. One lady from Ohio was giggling one evening and said "I think
it is so funny the way YOU'NS say y'all." Another term we use is TUMP
as in "did you tump the barrell over and let the water out?" One
night at a party my wife said she had tumped something over ... don't
recall just what... and a lady from across the room hurried over and
said "where are y'all from?". She was from Alabama and the word
"tump" caught her ear.

dd

ps: I do drive a pickup truck but I don't have a flag or hunting
rifle hanging in the truck's window.