Old 15-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default new to composting--any tips?

"mmarteen" wrote in message ...
I started composting in late summer, bought the Gardener's supply pyramid
job. Yes I know, it is a yuppie composter but give me a break, I live in a
city neighborhood and I wanted something that looked attractive and had
various defenses against bad smells in case something should go awry in the
green/brown balance. (cover and charcoal filter).

Through cooler seasons you won't get heat in a pile of less than a few
cubic yards of material without some kind of serious insulation.
Even the large piles will freeze a foot or more deep on all surfaces
here.