Old 15-11-2003, 07:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default The 'Aquascape System' has the be the WORST pond system outthere

Someone (Glenn?) really went digging thru the archives... but that's what
winter is about when we can't be digging ponds I guess. ;o)))

The AS is best as a water garden, unfortunately people get koi and usually
add too many too fast, they get sick and need to medicate. Unfortunately
the medication is rendered almost instantly useless on all the mulm between
the rocks throughout the pond. Now if they're informed and just add a few
koi so water quality doesn't become an issue, the next problem is they grow
to BIG koi in a rock lined pond. The big koi whack themselves against the
rocks when spawning and all that mulm is a great hidey hole for aeromonas
and other bacteria to hang out and next you've got koi with infected
ulcers.

I don't try to steer people away from the AS. I try to steer them away from
rocks on the bottom and to consider adding a bottom drain if they want to
go deeper than 18"-24". Or they can sign in blood that they will never ever
put koi in their AS pond. ;o)

Especially since locally we have people who install them, but don't
"service" them. Thus the new owners all wait till they have problems and
then we have people who do $erious clean out, muck, dirt, $and, mulm and
all those GD rock$$$. ~ jan

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:55:50 GMT, "Theo van Daele" wrote:

Question: are you talking about watergardens or koi ponds ?

Theo

From: Glenn
Date: Sat, Nov 15, 2003 7:57 AM

Just searching through the internet to see where we are listed, I came
upon this interesting topic.

First of all we have been involved in
watergardening for over 14 years, before it became a "fad". We have
the background and knowledge to create, install and service our
watergarden clients in a professional manner. That means having a
truck and enclosed trailer that is basically a travelling warehouse
that allows us to service the clients in a timely manner.......pricetag
over $80,000.00. So do we charge our clients for our investment in
knowledge, equipment and service, you bet.
snip

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a