Old 15-11-2003, 08:22 PM
animaux

Default Prickly pear: What's the law?

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:44:47 GMT, Purple Linny LeCompte
opined:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:44:41 GMT, billy_bunter wrote:
It is indeed illegal under state laws in Texas, and quite expensive. If
You
wanted to take it out of someone's yard it wouldn't be a problem (unless
the owner of the land objects!). Take it from the wild and the fine is
about $500.....

Aha. Kind of what I figured. I knew there were wild flower laws...

Off to the shops I go.
Thanks for the info.

btw, I'll be lurking around. Will be moving to a house with the garden of
my dreams soon, after living in an apartment since May when I landed on
these shores from England. I'm so excited... even bought a Texas Gardener!

Where in Texas? We live in Round Rock.