Old 16-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Bill Stock

Default Magic Tree Stump Dust

Gee,

If I'm going to drill 1-1/2" holes, might as well use dynamite! :-) Might
put a kink in the fence though. You know one of those Chain Kink fences.
Worked for my Grandfather's stumps.

On a side note. My grandparents added their basement several years after the
house was complete. Of course the house was sitting on the mother of all
rocks, pretty common where I grew up. So they had to blast a spot for the
furnace under the house.

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
"Bill Stock" wrote:

I recently removed a maple tree that had grown up between the

neighbour's
lot and mine. Problem is that the tree has actually grown around the

chain
link fence. I don't mean that the tree surrounds the fence, I mean that

the
fence is in the tree. I removed as much as I can of the tree without
damaging the fence. But how do I get the rest of the stump out of the

fence?

I can't burn it off, as the fence is vinyl coated. The only thing I can
think of is to drill as many holes as possible and let nature take it's
course.

Three ways I'd do it.
1) Split the stump into four pieces. Take out the pieces with a
stump puller or pour rock salt into the splits.

2) Drill dem holes deep. I'd use at least a 1-1/2" bit. And then
pour rock salt into the holes.

3) Hire a landscape contractor to pull it.

If you pull it, do not use a car or truck! Very dangerous.

Dick