Old 16-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Starlord

Default Prickly pear: What's the law?

heck, all they need to do is drive around until they find someone who has a big
buch going and ask them if they could remove a branch from one of the plants.
Tank it home and throw it on the ground, cover end with a little soil and give
some water. it'll grow. We thined out a stand of them and dumped the reamins out
in the field, so care what so ever, not there's a 3ft tall stand of them growing
and we do nothing to them.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"animaux" wrote in message
It's always illegal to take plants without permission. However, since this
particular plant is everywhere in Texas, I don't think anyone would mind if

you
took some...way back in some field. Please do remember that this plant has
billions of very sharp, very invasive to the skin and body, PRICKS! One time

didn't do it carefully and I had these cactus pricks in my bra, and everywhere
on my body. I have no idea how it happened, but it did.

I just went out and bought mine. I forget the variety, but mine has a pink
tinge to the pads and a nice blue as well.

On 14 Nov 2003 17:51:44 -0800, (Purple Linny) opined:

Hello ppls,

I would like to start a cactus garden and wondered what the law says
regarding taking prickly pear from the side of the road or wherever. I
live in Texas. It's not that I begrudge paying for it - it's cheap
enough. I bought an unpotted aloe for 99c on the way back from Mexico
one time and it has opened out and grown into a stunning plant.

Anyway, I figured if I could legally take some, then I would.
If not, I won't!
I've searched the net and found virtualy nothing.
Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (