Old 17-11-2003, 03:42 AM
Travis

Default Starting Bamboo

Grandpa wrote:
I'm in Albuquerque, NM - Zone 7. Wife wants a bamboo tree(s),
clump, bush, whatever term you'd like to apply. She got a
single cutting from one and wants to start it growing but
neither of us know anything about them. Will they start
rooting if left in water like many other plant & tree cuttings
do or do they require special treatment?

You might try asking in (rec.gardens bamboo). I'm not a bamboo expert
but as I understand it some bamboo's will root from culm cuttings but I
think they are mostly tropicals.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5