Old 17-11-2003, 08:32 AM
White Monkey

Default Time to get responsible!

OK. Thanks! They're back in the living room now. Do they mind drafts of
hot
air, if they're misted/washed enough? Not like a hair dryer or anything;
it's just that there's one shelf in here that gets a constant bath of

desert
air, as it were, moving upward from the heater. If that's fine I can move
some over by the heater

Still wondering about this one; it'd be nice to put one or two on that
shelf. And one on the television, which also generates a waft of hot air.

One poor new phal I rescued a week ago even has huge, oblong leaves,
I mean HUGE, and a massive spray of GORGEOUS white and purple flowers--and
clear evidence that someone's been chopping its roots off to stay in this
tiny pot, God knows for how long. Now, I'm no expert, but I'd say that's
bad. Poor thing has no crown to speak of, just massive leaves and big
flowers coming straight out of the ground. Not so much medium as old,

dried
out roots in there. But it sure is vigorous!

Repotted this fellow yesterday. He's perking up: one of those giant, floppy
leaves is dramatically less floppy, and all the small leaves are sticking
out straight. How long after a plant with root damage is repotted does one
leave it before watering, to avoid rot? I know it varies from plant type to
plant type. The two I just did are both phal's, one with very large foliage
and flowers, as described above, the other with standard foliage and oddly
compact, waxy green flowers. Both the plant I repotted yesterday and the one
I repotted the day before because I *had* overwatered it are opening a new
flower today. I hope that's good, and not a sign of shock? These are buds
that have been getting larger and becoming colored like the other flowers on
the stalks.

Thanks,

Katrina

---