Old 17-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Shepherd

Default OT non update on the ol' madgardener

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from contains these words:

in anxiety attacks the intercostal muscles spasm. this can really
really hurt. you
can tell cause if you just press down onto the muscles between the
ribs they HURT.
second, I have had that numbish feeling in my arms due to nerve pinch
in neck. I
have had shooting pains down my right arm due to nerve pinch starting
at neck. so if
you passed the stress test, begin to not worry at all. you may also
have had atrial
fibrillation, again, not life threatening if it comes and goes. the
summer my mother
had open heart surgery I had fibrillation most of the summer, and not
since then.
definitely stress related.

No qualified medical Doctor (or nurse) would ever attempt to diagnose
via the internet, or even hint that their personal medical history is
applicable to the condition of an unexamined, undiagnosed stranger.

I know Ingrid's and similar posts are well-intentioned but wish people
would stop doing this, for Marilyn's sake. Unqualified people discussing
or suggesting what her symptoms signify, might increase her emotional
anxiety, heighten physical stress, or give her false reassurance. All
three of those have the potential to worsen her situation.

Kind thoughts and best wishes, M.

Janet.

Long distant diagnoses by qualified doctors using computers has been going
on for quite some time.

Many people live great distances from large hospitals. Doctors have been
experimenting with having EKGs, EEGs, TPR and many other bits of information
on these patients sent to them by way of the internet from small local
clinics for many years now.

According to what I've heard and read in the news, such practices have been
met with great success.

Shepherd