Old 17-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Dwight Sipler

Default blowers

Frank Logullo wrote:

...I
assume gas powered blowers like trimmers or chain saws require all clothes
to wash and you to shower after using...

Depends on what you're blowing. They don't spray debris in all
directions like trimmers and don't aim oily chips at you like chain
saws. The leaves are being blown away from you and the engine exhaust is
directed away from you (although my wife has a sensitive nose and can
sometimes detect that I've been using the blower).

On the other hand, whenever you're blowing leaves, the wind will be
blowing toward you, so you will get covered with bits of leaves.
However, that can happen when you're raking also.

As far as the noise comments, they are noisy. Wear hearing protection if
you're going to be using it for more than 5-10 minutes.