Old 17-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default moss on driveway

In article ,
"ouglas" writes:
| A year has nearly past since I fell on the mossy driveway.
| I paid an expert to remove the moss using high pressure steam/water.
| All was well but now it is returning like mad
| Any ideas ? Perhaps Pathclear would do the trick...It would certainly be
| cheaper.

Are you sure that the moss was the cause? In my experience, it
often gets the blame for causing slipperyness when the problem
is often algae. The same conditions cause both!

Anyway, I use a stiff broom, a handful of sharp sand, some water
and elbow grease. It is less damaging to soft surfaces (e.g.
sand between paving blocks or decaying tarmac) than a power
hose, a LOT cheaper, takes up a lot less storage space and often
quicker (once you factor in the time taken to set up power hoses,
let alone hire them).

It takes far less effort than you might think, too, and I reckon
to clear a couple of square metres per minute. I ignore the
moss and concentrate on the algae.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.